My father was raised on a farm in Pennsylvania. This must be were his love of gardening began. We always had a large vegetable garden at home. This also included fruit trees and berry bushes. My mother canned and froze what my father grew. Even now when it's only my parent's at home, they have a nice size garden. When you love gardening so much, I guess it's hard to cut back. I'm not complaining! My father passes his over abundance of produce over to me and I love it! Last year my family enjoyed corn on the cob, tomatoes, green and red peppers, apples, strawberries, ground cherries and my favorite -- turnips! I'm hoping for more again this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
WOW!! What a wonderful garden & what a lucky daughter you are!
I miss our garden! Your Father does such a great job with the garden and your Mom does an even greater job making all her tasty dishes!
Post a Comment