Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Kassie's Eighth Grade Farewell

Today at Kassie's Eighth Grade Farewell she received seven awards. The Crayon was her award for National Junior Art Honor Society. She was recognized by her American History teacher for having perfect homework and for having an A average in that class. She also received A average awards for reading, science, and math. Her final award was for overall outstanding academic achievement.


Here she is just before leaving for the evening events, which included her first school dance. Dale and I were both pleased to hear her say afterward that the Church dances are much better!

Dale and I are very proud of our oldest child!

Kassie and her good friend Leslie Troop.

Keep up the good work Kassie! She's off to high school in the fall!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Holy cow, Gwenda! Is she taller than you or was she wearing heals? She looks so pretty with her hair all done up. And you can tell her I said that.

Lori said...

Cassie looks stunning! You might want to homeschool her Gwenda. I don't think she should be allowed out of the house.

Dottie said...

That can't be my little cousin Kassie, can it? She looks so grown up! What a terrific job in school! I am so proud of you!!!