Last week one day I decided it was time to tackle the large chest freezer in Mom and Dad's garage. After Mom passed away Dad and I went through each room in the house and the basement. Part of our cleaning was to get rid of all old food, and organize what was left. We kept meaning to get to the outside freezer, but never did.
Mom always did lots of canning and freezing. Last summer Dad did a little freezing of his own, mostly strawberries. I cleaned out the freezer, throwing away frozen fruits and vegetables that no longer looked edible. In my search for expired foods I hit the mother load...
a container of Mom's homemade chocolate chip cookies!! She probably baked and froze them about twenty one or twenty two months ago. I'm going to suggest we eat them during our family picnic the beginning of next month. Freezer burnt cookies can't hurt, can they?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I don't think they will hurt anything...just may not taste very good being freezer burnt
Post a Comment