This afternoon was Aunt Booty's memorial service. It was well attended by family and friends. I was able to meet several of my mother-in-law's cousins. She had mentioned to me throughout the years about her cousins, but this was the first time I got to meet them. It was nice to finally put faces to names!
Aunt Booty

Dale played his fiddle at the beginning of the memorial service: "Amazing Grace", "The Old Rugged Cross", "How Great Thou Art" and "In the Garden". I couldn't help but think of my father as I sat and listened to Dale play. Dale played those same songs for my father two weeks ago.
After the service we took some of Booty's flowers and placed them on her mother's grave. From there we went and had a delicious meal at Aunt Booty's church. The pastors were so nice and complimentary over Dale's fiddle playing. The one pastor asked if we already had a church, and if not, we were welcome to join them!
Dale played his fiddle at the beginning of the memorial service: "Amazing Grace", "The Old Rugged Cross", "How Great Thou Art" and "In the Garden". I couldn't help but think of my father as I sat and listened to Dale play. Dale played those same songs for my father two weeks ago.
We're back home now and I've got cakes in the oven for a Boy Scout fund raiser we are having Saturday evening. I also need to bake a birthday treat for the Young Women. I'll be away all day tomorrow at a Bluegrass festival with Dale and Saturday will be taken up with the Scout fund raiser and surprise party for a friend of Dale's. I also may need to help at my Dad's house Saturday. I know the baking has to be done now, or it won't get done! Back to the kitchen!

1 comment:
Busy busy...I guess maybe we will talk on Monday then.
Post a Comment