The highlight for the kids while at Massanutten is swimming in the indoor pools. We went swimming four days in a row plus an extra blessing of being able to go to the Massanutten water park! On Monday while Dale was in the baby pool with Kaden, the older children were in the big pool and I sat on a lounge chair reading the local news on Dale's cell phone, a woman approached me. She started out by saying, "I noticed you have children. I was wondering if you would like passes to the water park." Last year we watched from a far as families played at the water park. We calculated it would cost over $300.00 for our family to get in. The woman was given four passes to the park and wasn't going to use them. They were only good for that day, Monday, April 28th. If we were going to go, we had to move fast. It was 3:30 pm already. The children thanked this woman and her husband repeatedly for the tickets as we got ready to head back to the villa. We ate a quick early supper and headed to the water park. Because of our four free passes we only had to pay $112.00 for all of us to get in. It was our understanding that we would have to pay for Kaden, but he ended up being free. I also think we must have gotten an additional discount for "twilight hours" at the park. The normal ticket price for adults and older children is $38 a piece. We felt very blessed to be in the right place at the right time to get those free passes. I have no pictures of the water park. It would have been impossible to keep my camera dry! Water was always spraying down on you from somewhere! There were three giant water slides that you rode on tubes to go down. There were two more giant slides that you went down on without tubes or mats. I had a blast! I went down all five giant slides time and time again. I was either laughing or screaming the whole way down! By the end of the night my legs felt like wet noodles from walking the three flights of stairs to get to the slides. The next day my right shoulder and upper arm were sore from carrying the tubes! This water park is huge! It had five other smaller slides, a baby section, two hot tubs -- one larger and not as hot as the smaller one. There was also a surfing simulator. Ashton, Avery and Bryson were the only ones brave enough to give that a try! There were all kinds of contraptions designed to spew water out on the people below you. It was impossible to stay dry! There was also a tubing section that took you on a ride around the park on your tube at a slow pace -- very relaxing! The water park was my favorite part of our trip, and I think the rest of the family would agree.

Bryson
Avery
Ashton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love reading your vacation blogs...makes me picture being on vacation with my family. Sounds like you got a great bargain! Have fun!
Post a Comment