Friday, January 14, 2011

Santa brought a trampoline!

We have considered buying the children a trampoline off and on for several years, but Dale never deemed them safe enough.  For whatever reason, when I suggested it again this year Dale simply said, "OK."  I ordered the trampoline in early December as the children's big gift.  Now I didn't have to think about what individual "big gift" to get each child, it was done!  Most of what the children received for Christmas on an individual basis, were things they needed, and I would have bought them anyway... shirts, leggings, socks, underwear, lip balm, their favorite shampoo, etc.  Fortunately for me, these were also the items they asked for.

 We hid the boxes that contained the trampoline in our camper.  Christmas morning the children found a note from Santa that said one gift was too big to fit down the chimney, and to please look in the camper.  They were very excited!  Brady and Ashton set to work almost immediately on putting it together.
 Most of the other children soon joined in on the trampoline assembly.
 Dale checks in on the progress.
 It's always good to stop and check the directions!
 Brady is such a handyman, just like his daddy.
 Dale prepares to help Kenzie with the finishing touch:  the ladder.


Kaden was the first to bounce solo!

Next came Bryson.  I even got my turn that day.  Dale didn't try it out until days later.  I have a lot more trampoline pictures, but blogger apparently has a limit now.  I don't get it, but this was the last picture it would allow me to post.  I'll try again later on another post.  Anyway, Brady heard that ten minutes on the trampoline is equivalent to 30 minutes of running.  Now if I could just get myself to do ten minutes on the trampoline!  It's exhausting!  The kids are having a great time using it, and that's what matters.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Finally, pictures! Yay for the tramp!

Brady and Clay are alot alike, being able to put that thing together. It overwhelms me. Loved seeing the kids working together on it. WHat agreat way to keep them content on Christmas Day! ;o)

Fern said...

Gwenda, I loved my trampoline and was very sorry to have to leave it behind when we moved to Pinehurst. However, the darn thing just wouldn't come apart. What a great gift!