Last week I was given a garbage bag full of very nice clothes. Most were like new, one item had the price tag still on it. All of these clothes were too big for me. I wanted to try to find someone who I thought could use them. In the meantime, I set them aside. A few days later someone on Freecycle asked for large size clothing. I offered her this bag of clothes. She was so appreciative and left me a hand written thank you note and a small decorative pumpkin when she came and picked up the clothes. She and I continued to communicate through email. I then told her that I also had three coats that were too big for me and that she could also have them if she was interested. She told me that since I had been so generous to her, she wanted to do something for me. She said she had a closet full of clothes size 4 to 14 that no longer fit her, and wanted to know what I might need. Well, since I was giving away my beautiful long winter coats, I no longer had one. I asked if she had a long winter coat that I could wear to church. I delivered the coats I had to her and picked up this gorgeous red wool coat in return! I just love it! It's my blessing in red!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well you certainly look nice in it and wow everytime I see you, you look smaller!!!!I'm not sure Dale will want you to go with me to the opera anyway since all the guys will be looking at the...what's that word we used on our hike "hot" mama LOL
You look GORGEOUS in red!!
Shelley, you are so bad!!!!!! giggle.
Post a Comment